An International Medical Graduate with USMLE SCORES: Step 1-78, Step 2 CK-79 Pre-Matched in 2008 to an Internal Medicine residency Program (categorical). There were 1700 applicants and only 9 positions, and I got one of them. This is a blog of My Residency Journey: a True Miracle of God

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 435 Dying Awake !!!


Geesh I just finished having a tough morning. I was up all night watching movies, and it must have been about 2am when I told myself "I have to get up at 6:15 am, so I might as well stay up for 4 more hours then go to the hospital." I think I took at 20 minute nap at 6 am. I got up got dressed and went to the hospital. I went to morning rounds at the Cancer hospital, and couldnt keep my eys open. I kept of falling asleep. I didn' want to seem disrespectful, so I tried my hardest to keep my eyes open. I was even trying to pinch myself in the hands and trying to cause my self pain so I could stay awake. this went on for abotu an hour. I wanted to go out of the room to splash some water on my face, but as I was about to stand up to go to the bathroom, the chief of the department walks in and so does the program ditrector and about 4 other attendnings for a 2 hour administrative meeting !!! As I was siting down on the round table, the secretary hands me a white sheet with the administrative agenda for the meeting. It was basically a bunch of mumbo jumbo and paper work. If that was bad enough, the program director site in front of me, and the chief of the department sits to my right. I told myself in my mind "I'm dead !" I can barely stay awake, how the heck am I going to get through this meeting?" It must have been the most painfull 2 hours of my life. I found tic tacs in my pocket so I could take it and try to get some sugar in my blood. (I think I had Twenty tic tacs.)I was having a mini heart attack. I couldn't even rest my head on my hands and try to cover my eyes as I pretend to write somoething, because the chief was lateral to me and he would see my eyes if I doze off. It was bad. Thats th elast time I try to stay awake. I've never been so happy to leave a room after that.

They say that einstien hated to sleep. He felt that it was a waste of time. IT's been rumored that he slept 3-4 hours a night. I think I'm going to go home and sleep 16 hours. Lesson learned.

Seems like the lessons we remeber the most come from of some type of extreme emotions- wether good or bad ones. Why is that? I wish I could write about it, but I'm just so tired.....zzzzzzzzzzzzz.......zzzzzzzzz....... BRB... Time for nap....zzzzzzzz..................ergvae[aw3335444r...43543

God Bless

Dr.Mike



This guy has the right idea !!

1 Comments:

Blogger your neighbourly doc said...

Hi doc,
thanks for sharing your experience with us and for being an inspiration. I would love to ge updates from your blog. Can you add the FOLLOWERS or RSS feeds Buttons/widgets to your blog, please.Thanks in advance.

October 16, 2009 at 7:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home