An International Medical Graduate with USMLE SCORES: Step 1-78, Step 2 CK-79 Pre-Matched in 2008 to an Internal Medicine residency Program (categorical). There were 1700 applicants and only 9 positions, and I got one of them. This is a blog of My Residency Journey: a True Miracle of God

Thursday, June 12, 2008

2 weeks till Residency Begins !!!

Well I went today to the hospital to observe for a few hours before I start. I have orientation on monday. the orientation last a whole week. I was really impressed with the program. The residents really seem close. I was expecting a group of competitive people. But they were all nice and willing to answer any questions I had. They all told me to "go home!!, what the heck you doing here?" They advise me to get some rest, because I'm gonna need. I took their advice at went home at 1pm.

I tagged along pgy1 resident (first year). She was really busy. she had about 12 patients. I got their at 7:30. I had a feeling she was there probably 7am or earlier !! wow, i was surprised. (kindof) I think I slowed her down a bit, but she understood. She was trying to write her notes fast.

I finally understood what they mean when they say 1sy year is the toughest. the interns are the ones that do almost ALL the notes and writing. So thats what takes up most of your. The second years watch over the interns (1st years), but the interns does everything.

But I can't complain. Its to be expected. Thats what we are here for. We need to start somewhere. Theres nothing wrong in hard work... anyways, of to take a break before next weeks orientation..... wish me luck...

God bless you all............ you can do it!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home