An International Medical Graduate with USMLE SCORES: Step 1-78, Step 2 CK-79 Pre-Matched in 2008 to an Internal Medicine residency Program (categorical). There were 1700 applicants and only 9 positions, and I got one of them. This is a blog of My Residency Journey: a True Miracle of God

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Welcome to my Blog!!

Hi

Welcome to my blog. If you don't know my story please click on one of the links on the RIGHT. For those that don't know. I'm an IMG (international Medical Graduate) who has been appyling to residency for 3 years unsuccessfully, until recently- with prayers and Hard work was given a pre-match Spot at an Internal medicine Residency Program. With regular scores on the USMLE and and 5 year graduation date. I was blessed to be given the opportunity...

I felt like starting this blog as a testimony to the Goodness of God and Jesus Christ my savior.

5 Comments:

Blogger Uni said...

hi Mike,
Directed to your blog from the forum.
Just wanted to congratulate you and for writing about it to encourage others.
Did you do step 3 before the prematch?
u can reply here or to me at universaleternalchaos@gmail.com

June 12, 2008 at 3:31 PM

 
Blogger Dr.Mike PGY4 (Hospitalist/Internist) said...

no i did not. I was born ny, did my med school over seas.

June 12, 2008 at 10:07 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Mike,

I read the site,and its truly inspirational...U said that u got regular scores...I have a 87 in step one,and trying hard to get a 90 in CK..and I will be applying next yr sept with all scores and by Gods grace I have a 2 mnth slot to observe an IM program.But as I am IMG and need visa,I have atrue doubt whether I am worth so that they will hire me?I am 5yrs since graduation by 2009 spt..Can u please tell me from your experience if I have a chance to be in US IM with this low score?

June 23, 2008 at 1:07 AM

 
Blogger Dr.Mike PGY4 (Hospitalist/Internist) said...

hi

I took my step 3 before , but i didn't need it to apply. I'm an IMG but was born in ny.

kamilika: those are not low scores. a low score is 76 78. You have good scores!!!! Try to get as much us clinical experience as you can, this is what seems to matter these days.

good luck.

email me at

themadmike31@gmail.com

June 23, 2008 at 9:40 AM

 
Blogger Dr.Mike PGY4 (Hospitalist/Internist) said...

NO I didn't do step 3 before pre-matach.

June 23, 2008 at 10:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home