An International Medical Graduate with USMLE SCORES: Step 1-78, Step 2 CK-79 Pre-Matched in 2008 to an Internal Medicine residency Program (categorical). There were 1700 applicants and only 9 positions, and I got one of them. This is a blog of My Residency Journey: a True Miracle of God

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Pain and Disapointment Meets Hope (part one)

If you ever failed a USMLE exam or failed to enter residency then you know the feeling. You know the disappointment. You the know the pain. You feel like a failure. All the hard work , and all the years spend trying to become a doctor seems like a waste. Most of all, the questions and inquiries by your family members wondering what happened. The constant annoyance of having to answer to them and letting them know that you failed again, or that your plan didn't work out. Maybe you even resort to not being completely honest of the situation, just so that you can avoid the pain of having to tell your parents , friends or spouse that it will be another year with out a job. Another year trying to figure out what went wrong.

I know how it feels, because I ‘ve been through this THREE times. And each time it doesn't get any easier. Pain is there, and its real. And it hurts. Its hard for someone outside of medicine to understand truly what we have been through. But I'm writing this to let you know that there is hope. You can keep your head up.

What has always giving me peace and hope is knowing and believing that God is always there for me. It is what brings me comfort. Not everyone even believes in God. I'm just someone that chooses to believe in him. But that choice to believe gets stronger the more I'm given energy to keep going. God has never let me down. I feel I was meant to be an example for many people. I truly believe I was placed on this planet to make a lasting difference in people lives..

(to be continued)

1 Comments:

Blogger peejay said...

God bless you :)

December 3, 2010 at 10:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home